146-152 is now Southside (although it seems to have changed its name again
to the 146 Bar we think). This fantastic piece of nonsense was built in 1914
as the Majestic Cinema and once boasted its own symphony orchestra. It is
not surprising the Globe, almost directly opposite, found it hard to
survive. The Majestic could seat 3,000 compared to the Globe's 130. It was
turned into a Gaumont cinema and inevitably ended life as a bingo hall.
Was this the last cinema in Clapham and does anyone know when it showed
its last movie?